|Series sorted in boxes with QR code|
It's been quite an adjustment after a "working hour" type work hiatus for the last few years. But there are more than enough of my favourite things happening for that to bother me.
During the past week I've:
* sorted guided readers and tried to reconcile orphan books with their boxed companions and ensure they're properly catalogued and physically accessible to the teachers and children who need them
* peeled off old stickers under an old system and replaced them with the new ones
|The Princess Collection ...|
was never my "thing" but
girls who like princess books
have a nice habit of calling
you "pretty" - so let's indulge them
* done some circulation - checked books in and books out, and for the littlies checked the same books in and out and in and out while they decide which books are the most critical for their reading this week.
* been called "pretty" by a very sweet little girl (ego stroke!)
* been in contact with lots and lots and lots of great and wonderful books (more later)
* had nice buzzy conversations with wonderful people who love and read great books
* started making a template Libguide that we can use to create other Libguides for all our IB subjects. It will be for introductory guides to let students "get their feet wet" in a topic as they start thinking about what their passion is and which they'd like to do their EE (extended essay) on.